- screenshots can be forged easily in photoshop
- how old is the person being called out? adults hounding a teenager over saying something dumb they’ll regret in two years… it’s not cool, folks.
- there are xkit mods that let you modify someone else’s post in a reblog, but most people don’t know about it, so make sure that you view any “incriminating” posts on op’s blog
- does the person who wrote the callout have any reason to lie? (for example, a personal disagreement)
- what’s the context?
- ^^ a couple months ago i saw a post calling out someone for “fetishizing trans men,” only to check the accused person’s blog and see that he was a trans guy himself, who made a lot of positivity posts about his body type.
- how old is the post?
- did the accused person have a chance to apologize or address the concern before the details were exposed to thousands of strangers?
- what’s the purpose of the callout post? is it just to say “this person is bad and you should hate them,” or is it to say “this person has been sending slurs and violent death threats to bloggers in [x] group, here’s some reasonable proof, please block their url for your safety”?
More Pages to Explore .....